Wednesday, January 11, 2012

A Lost Tooth

Its that time of year when more and more students are getting wiggly teeth.  One student came in this morning with a special bag labeled for his loose tooth which was sure to come out at any minute.  Sure enough, during our snack of Handi-Snack breadsticks and cheese, he came over and told me he had lost his tooth...literally.  "I can't find it anywhere" he said.  "Have you checked your stomach?" I wanted to say, but refrained.  After much searching and locating many tooth-like breadstick crumbs, I concluded that most likely he had swallowed it.   I explained to him that he could write the tooth fairy a letter explaining what had happened.  After writing mom a letter explaining what had happened, I offered to help him write his letter to the tooth fairy.  He, of course, wanted me to do it for him and started telling me what to write:  "Tell her I want a train set and a ...." I cut him off, "Um, you do realize this is not Santa Clause and she does have to put it under your pillow, right?"  I decided to let mom help him write the letter.

No comments:

Post a Comment